Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Rewind: Relaxing in DC


Well, it’s Monday again. With another long week ahead, what better way is there to start it off than to take a look at this past weekend.

Saturday:

Another Saturday morning meant another trip to the Farmers’ Market. I really love having this market so close to our apartment. I started the day with a vanilla chai from Wydown. (The coffee art from the photo below is my husband’s mocha) This Saturday was more of a splurge day than a “stocking up” trip. I bought some homemade pickles, fresh goat cheese, and a few pastries for breakfast.  And of course, my weekly flowers, as well. (The pickles, by the way, were a huge splurge. They are $10 a jar. But, so amazing!! I have been walking around my house, snacking on them ever since. Super attractive, I know.)


Saturday afternoon was spent down in the SE at Barracks Row. We attended a BBQ at my husband’s work. Rather than fill up there, we decided to hold off and have dinner at one of the many restaurants on 8th. We selected Matchbox and it was delicious. We split an ahi-tuna salad to start, I selected a roast chicken dish, and the husband selected a crab cake sandwich.

We ended the night watching Property Brothers and eating fro-yo. (Yup, we are super cool people.)

Outfit Collage created on Polyvore
Denim Vest (Similar
Zara clutch (Simliar)

Sunday:

Our Sunday started bright and early at 7:00 a.m. I know, that is crazy early for a Sunday but we have wanted to try the new Ted’s Bulletin on 14th and did not want to wait over two hours for a table. So we decided to beat the brunch crowd and get up and out of the house for breakfast. The place was amazing. The décor and structure of the building is perfect. We decided to sit at the old-school diner countertop. Our experience consisted of bottomless coffee, an old Shirley Temple movie on the TV, and a homemade poptart. Seriously, this might just become our “go-to” Sunday spot.



After breakfast, we took our dog for a nice long walk and spent the rest of the day hanging around the house, taking care of the usual Sunday tasks. 

Outfit Collage created on Polyvore
Gap Sweatshirt 
Denim Shorts (Simliar)
Sandals (Similar)

It might not be the most thrilling weekend, but it was a great one nevertheless. I hope everyone had a great weekend as well. I am already looking forward to the next one. 

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment