Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Rewind


I hope everyone had an amazing Labor Day weekend. It was such a great way to end the summer. Though, here in DC, the weather decided to rebel against my desire for fall. It was hot and humid all weekend. (I am sure once the winter is upon us and I am freezing in layers of clothes, I will miss these hot days. But as of right now, I am so over it!) September is finally here! Bring on the boots, scarves, and everything pumpkin flavored!

Saturday:

I started the weekend off with my new Saturday tradition, the Farmers’ Market. (I just found out the one down the street from my apartment runs all the way through Thanksgiving so … yay!) I love strolling from vendor to vendor, finding new produce and treats to try. I picked up some crisp apples, lots of yummy green things, and my weekly flower bouquet. I also splurged on a mini pie from Whisked DC and a fresh pastry to go with my iced latte from Wydown coffee.

After lots of coffee and my sweet treat, my husband and I checked out the new YMCA in our neighborhood. I even dragged him to yoga. (I forgot to mention to him that it was power yoga … whoops, my bad.) It was such a great class. It kicked my butt but it was still great! We spent the rest of the day lounging, reading, and eating pizza. (Which probably completely negated the benefits of power yoga but it was delicious.)

Photo Collage created on Polyvore 
Oh La La Shirt - J.Crew Factory
Zara  - Everyday Shopper 


Farmers' Market Finds




Sunday:

We were treated to a visit from friends who joined us for the DC Sunday ritual of brunch and day drinking. We partook of brunch this particular Sunday at Marvin. The food was good and the location, great. However, their rooftop terrace doesn’t open until 2pm so we ate inside the bar area which was crazy dark for the middle of the day.  Also, I decided to dress for the season rather than the weather and layered a dress with my new olive vest. After brunch, we enjoyed a walk and, on my part, a middle case of heat stroke. But, man, I rocked that vest.

Prior to dealing with the heat!

Monday:

Seriously … in all honesty … I did nothing on Monday and it was epic. I did a little book shopping on Amazon. (Blog post to follow this week!)  My original plan was to go splurge on a mani/pedi but it was so hot out. I could not handle the 6-block walk to my favorite place. I decided an at home pedi was just as good. (It wasn’t but I didn’t have to put on real pants so it worked for me!)

Photo Collage created on Polyvore
Vest - Target 
Striped Dress (Similar) - Madewell 

Now the long weekend has ended and I survived my first day back at work (largely in part to with the help of a Pumpkin Spice Latte.) I can’t wait to see what next weekend has in store. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the outfits you put together. I think I need all of those in my closet!

    ReplyDelete