Thursday, September 5, 2013

September Reading List


Today is the introduction of another brand new feature on the blog. As this is a lifestyle blog, I really think I should include something important in my life … books. I am an avid reader! I can’t get enough. I have even been known to read a book in a day (multiple books if I am completely honest.) There is nothing better than lounging around your house, drinking tea, and falling in love with a brand new world. I am such an obsessed reader; I even finish books I hate because I have to know what happens.

For this new blog feature, I will introduce 4 to 5 new books the first week of each month. As I make my way through the list, I will update you on how they are going; if they are amazing or absolute trash (which can sometimes be amazing!).  I hope you all enjoy this new feature.

This month’s list:



Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
I am a big fan of The Mindy Project on Fox and when I discovered this book while browsing Amazon, I knew I had to give it a try. Follow link for more details on the book.

Mating Rituals of the North American WASP by Lauren Lipton
I bought this book for two seriously silly reasons. One, the name alone made me giggle and two; I found a used copy for $2.99. Sold! Also, let’s all be honest, who doesn’t love a story involving  a Vegas wedding. Follow link for more details on the book.

Bicoastal Babe by Cynthia Langston
Yet another book with an outlandish tale, a woman is selected as professional “Trend-Spotter” and divides her time evenly between New York and LA. Of course, she meets two gorgeous men in each. Yeah … okay… sure. Follow link for more details on the book.

Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth L. Cline
This book explores how low-price mass retailers have affected how we shop and how, as a culture, views clothing. Follow link for more details on the book.

After reviewing that list, I see a trend of “light-reads.” October might just need to be the month of Dostoyevsky and Proust. But, for now, I am in the mood for beach-reads! The book I selected to start the month is Bicoastal Babe. I am only about five or six chapters in so I cannot give a full review. So far, though the plotline is out-there, I have enjoyed the story. The lead character is sarcastic and self-deprecating while somehow being annoyingly charming. I’ll keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment