Monday, July 29, 2013

Week Four in Review


So this may be a day late, but I promise it’s not a dollar short. This past week was a busy one. I completely ran out of time yesterday to write a post. My apologizes, everyone!! After week 3’s “something new” everyday, week 4 was more about focusing on just a few new things.

The biggest thing I did this week was open a business. I am now working as a personal stylist through Keaton Row. Style has always been something I love and now I have a way to channel that love into an actual activity. Don’t worry though. This blog will not become all about the business but I am sure I will post fashion pieces from time to time.

One great thing about living in the city is always having new restaurants to try. This past Friday, one of my best friends was in town and we decided to head out for happy hour and food. Diego has just opened on 14th St NW rather conveniently close to my apartment so we decided to give it a try. Great drink specials ($5 Brut) and delicious appetizers (the corn tamales were amazing!). This place is definitely a win in my book!

Weekend Rewind

This weekend was a serious blast! I took the day off on Friday and hit the outlets (with the  same friend who later joined me for cocktails!). I splurged at Kate Spade. (How could I not? The purses were 60% off!) Saturday was spent with some of my closest friends now living in Virginia, eating and drinking just like old times in 29 Palms! I even made a few new Pinterest recipes (found here and here.)  The popcorn was delicious and the mac and cheese surprisingly easy to make! Sunday was all about getting ready for the week though we did make a pit stop at the PX to pick up some moto gear (aka Marine Corps shirts and such.)




Now it’s Monday and I am already missing the weekend and my friends. But, I am excited for the week has in store!

Have a great week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment