Sunday, August 4, 2013

Week Five in Review


I cannot believe we are down to the last two weeks of this challenge. I really have enjoyed trying new things. I can honestly say I do feel better about where my life is going. Just by trying new things, I have discovered new things about myself and have found more confidence in who I am. (Pretty inspiring, right! HaHa) 

This week really was a week of firsts. I had my very first Pinterest Fail. I attempted the “At-Home Gel Manicure.” I bought all the supplies for this during my lunch break on Monday. I was so excited to try something that would allow me to have perfect nails for half the cost. I painted them Monday using Essie “Fiji.” It looked it a little streaky so I repainted them with a cheap brand Tuesday. Thursday midday and they were a hot mess! My nails have never chipped so badly. If anyone has used this trick or a similar technique and had it work, please let me know!!



I also received a special package in the mail on Tuesday. My May Designs books had arrived. I am now the proud owner of two matching books and note cards for the blog. I love the how they turned out. I can not wait to use them to organize all the brilliant things I have to say. (Insert note of sarcasm!) 



A new trend I am going to attempt to try is the Fedora. I really don’t know if I can rock this look but I sure am going to try! Pictures to come soon … if I ever feel brave enough to walk outside wearing it!

Weekend Rewind:

Friday was spent at happy hour, which really was a great time. Aka … the rum and coke inspired purchase of a fedora. Saturday was spent enjoying an outdoor street fair and looking at new apartments in our neighborhood. Sunday was even more relaxing. Cleaned the house for a bit, which turned into an hour-long Pandora dance party. I took some clothes to consign (and got a great Zara top for $16!) Current Boutique is such a good find in Logan’s Circle. Late afternoon was spent blogging on the roof.



All in all, a great weekend! I cannot believe next week is the last week of this revamp!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment