Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week Six in Review


I cannot believe it! The six-week revamp is over. (Insert a round of applause and a sigh of relief) I am actually surprised I have been able to keep up with it. When I first set out to do this, I honestly thought it was going to be a struggle and that I would have to really push myself each week. (I guess I don’t feel that strongly about my dedication to things … awkward much?) But, truly, this has been the most fun I have had with this blog in a while. It really has opened my eyes to where I want to take this blog in the future!

New Projects accomplished my Final Week (yay!):

I discovered fun new work snacks. I know this may not be that exciting for everyone but if you are stuck behind a desk or running around an office for 8 hours a day, finding healthy and delicious snacks is akin to finding the perfect pair of jeans. I found these snacks at a local organic grocery store and am now hooked. I mean, I found falafel flavored chickpeas! Yum!

I have also tackled the first difficult task of transitioning into fall. I found a great pair of jeans. I know, I know. I was impressed as well. Jean shopping is the fall equivalent of swimsuit shopping. I don’t know who chooses the lighting in fitting rooms but they have a sick sense of humor. After many, many hours of shopping and a few (insert a million) silly “selfie” photos sent to a very patient friend, I found a pair of distressed jeans I love. (If anyone is interested, I bought Joe Jeans! Similar here)



I finally embraced my love of over-accessorizing. I have always held myself back in the mornings when I would try to decide what to pair with my outfits. One day I realized that I honestly didn’t care if others don’t like the look, I love tons and tons of layers! So I did it! I stacked away. Much to my shock, I was complimented several times for my accessories. So … thanks! I am now stacking jewelry to my heart’s content. (If all else fails, you can never lose me in a crowd. I now jingle!)



Weekend Rewind:

This weekend was a big one in the world of Champagne and Sarcasm. I finally set up an office space for myself. In such a tiny apartment, I would find myself blogging from bed or lying on the couch. I really wanted a space I could set up with the computer, notebooks, magazines, and everything else that inspires me when I write. I am so happy with how it turned out.




I also had a photo shoot with KCillo Photography for updated promotional photos for the blog and Facebook page. She even designed a brand new logo for the site. The new design and photos will premiere this Wednesday. (aka my birthday!!)

Now that the six weeks are up, I am so excited to move forward with a new passion for the blog! I will be back this week with an all-new design and all new posts. But, of course, the same old sarcasm!


1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog design and the photos! Hope you are doing well! Also love the new office space. The hubby and I are working on ours as we speak.

    ReplyDelete