Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week Three in Review


Halfway there! This week was a busy one. Since we hit the home stretch, I decided to push myself and try something new every day this past week. It was a blast! (Exhausting but a blast!)

A few new things I tried revolved around beauty and fashion. I styled two new pencil skirts and tried a new summer nail trend. These things might seem trivial and I guess in the grand scheme of things, they are. However, by putting that little extra effort in the morning, I felt great all day. It really helped to boost my attitude. It’s funny how something so small as a new skirt or nail polish can put a whole new spin on the day! (That paragraph was oddly cheerful and not at all sarcastic … hmm, am I losing my edge?)



This week I also tried a new at home workout via Pinterest. I really enjoyed the workout but my favorite part was wearing those ridiculously short shorts around my house. (I might have even indulged in a Pandora Hip-Hop radio inspired dance party post workout … and when I saw “might have,” I mean definitely! What can I say? I have no shame.)



Weekend Rewind:

This weekend was all about getting my closet (and my life) organized. Friday night was spent crazily digging out the depths of my closet while drinking wine. It seemed like a good idea at the time. (Honestly, wine is always a good idea.) By Saturday morning, I had accumulated a rather large pile of stuff to donate. I feel rather proud of myself. On Saturday, I splurged on some organizational goodies from the Target. It’s actually a great time to go since they have all the “back-to-school” paraphernalia out. Sunday was spent putting everything back into place in the closet. I did take a small break to have brunch down on Barrack’s Row and explore the Capital Hill Books!




(And, if anyone is interested, one of the books I started is so horribly good. Ya know what I mean? The main character is described to look just like Spike from Buffy theVampire Slayer. So bad but so good!)

The Week Ahead:

Pinterest recipes, random metro stops, and cleaning out the dresser!

Have a great week everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment