Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week One in Review


Well, one week down. I would say I did an okay job trying new things this week. I mean, I didn’t learn how to make sushi or macramĂ© but I did attempt a new workout routine and freshened up my haircut.

So here are some highlights from my first week of change:


On Monday, I actually posted a blog entry on the day I had originally planned.  This is a huge deal for me. For some reason I will start writing a post and about three quarters of the way through I will start a second post or start brainstorming for another project. What can I say; I am easily distracted (or I am a mad genius, but who knows?). But not Monday, I was able to sit, write the entry, and post it all in one day! Success!


After work on Wednesday, I splurged on a haircut. Nothing too drastic as my hair is still adjusting to east coast humidity or as I call it, one of the devils many tricks, but I trimmed the bangs and added some layers to the back. I really just wanted a cut where I wouldn’t automatically throw it in a ponytail. (Note in the photos below my hair is in a ponytail twice … Fail!)


Thursday was a big day (not only because of the holiday). Since my husband and I were both home from work, we went to the gym together at our apartment. My something new … Crossfit! Not sure if it’s my thing in all honesty. I am proud of myself for trying though! Recently, my husband and I have started going to the gym together when our schedules allow. I was initially worried he would try to turn into a personal trainer and get all bossy with me. It has actually gone really well! I am learning new workouts and it’s a whole new way to spend time together. I also learned he is good at basketball which was a bit of shock. (This just proves that your spouse can still surprise you.)


So let’s recap, shall we? I met a deadline, tried a new haircut, and tried out Crossfit. Not too shabby in 5 days. Can’t wait to see what the next week holds.


Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment