Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week Three Day-by-Day “Mini Posts”


We have reached the midway point of my 6-week challenge of over-hauling my life and trying new things. To celebrate this milestone, I have decided to post updates as I try something each day this week!

Day One:

Monday was all about styling one of my new pencil skirts!

Ann Taylor Skirt, J.Crew Blazer (similar here and here), Kate Spade Necklace (similar here)



Day Two:

Inspired by this article by The Small Things Blog, I went bare! (Well my nails did!)

From left to right: Sally Hansen "Sweet Talker", Essie "Fiji", Essie "Ballet Slippers", Maybelline "Born With It" 
I choose Essie "Fiji"!  


Day 3:

Today was a bit of a let down. All geared up to try a new workout via Pinterest, I just could not find the energy or the time after work! I went to work early, got out late, and spent all day in meetings. So to treat myself after a long day at work, my "new thing” for the day is two new books!

Yay!

 
The first is a fluffy fiction recommended to me. Vampires? Yes. Sexy Lead Male? Yes. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost has it all. Sign me up! The summer really is all about “beach reads.” Sometimes you just need a fun book to sink your teeth into. (Pun intended!)

The second is a book that has been sitting next to my bed for months. I have really enjoyed writing this blog and am interested in branching out to fiction. Alice LaPlante’s book The Making of a Story is just what I need to get started. Each chapter has a writing exercise and great tips to perfect my craft. I am so excited to develop my writing skills!

If I have inspired you to start a new book but you have no idea which to pick, these sites are great to help you pick your next summer read.



Day 4:

I am sure I am not the only one who does this. You pin something, then you never try it! Today was all about trying a workout that I pinned months ago on Pinterest. One plus of doing the workout at home, I could wear those ridiculously short shorts and feel no shame!

The workout was great and I am exhausted! Now, I am treating myself to a face mask from GlamGlow.




Day 5:

Today and the whole weekend is going to be all about organizing the disaster that is my closet! Full Post on Sunday.


Have a great weekend everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment