Monday, July 1, 2013

"Just Another Manic Monday"


Happy July, everyone!
Another month is upon us and half the year is in our past. If you are anything like me, you are seriously shocked. It’s July? What the hell happened to June? Time just seems to be flying by this year. Living in a new city and starting a new job has kept me very busy. So much so that I have let all my goals for this year fall to the wayside. I have gotten caught up in the everyday hustle and bustle and I am now feeling burnt out!
I am sure I am not the only one stuck in this same dilemma.  Get up, go to work, hit the gym occasionally, make dinner, go to bed, and repeat. The day to day drone of life can take its toll after a while. I often feel like I am running on autopilot. We all get bogged down in the details. I sit and watch sitcoms and I can never quite figure out how all those shinning happy people are busy with work and still seem so put together.
Below are some ways I believe we can all revamp our lives a little bit!
4 Ways of getting yourself out of your rut:

Take the scenic route
Have you ever been driving somewhere and you completely zone out? I am saying you literally arrive at your destination and have no memory of how you got there. If you answered yes, then, congrats because you are just like the rest of us. How about taking the scenic route? This weekend, when you are out running errands, how about taking the long way to Target or one day after work stop in a new neighborhood and walk around? I was out getting my hair cut last month at a new salon (PS- its s’cute) and I discovered the cutest street off of DuPont Circle; tons of restaurants and shops! Just by taking the long way around, I now have a new place to roam.

Try a new style
Now I am not saying to pull a Kardashian and dye your hair “blonde.” But what about last week when you saw that girl rocking a fishtail braid that you loved, how about trying that? I know it sounds confusing and like something you would order at one of those hip Asian-fusion sushi places, but it’s actually really easy to do! Just find a tutorial on the internet (I looked … there are 700 million of them). It can be daunting to try something new. You have hit your mid to late 20s. You think it’s too late to change up your style. Um, false!  Trying a new style and finding something new you love will only add more pep to your step.

Reorganize
We are all guilty of it. We hoard! If you were to look in my closet, you would find 1) at least 3 pairs of jeans that haven’t seen the light of day in 2 years, 2) a crazy trendy weird lace crop top thing 3) way too many shoes. Lighten the load a little bit and de-clutter. Throw all those unwanted, unused, and unnecessary items in a bag and donate them! By organizing your closet you will actually be able to see what you already own! Who knows, maybe you will be able to put together 10 new outfits just by going through your closet!

Work it, girl!
We all have a work out routine, whether it is hitting the treadmill 3 times a week or even if that routine is to put on yoga pants and watch a Friends marathon… Guilty! I know for a fact that LivingSocial and Groupon both have gym deals all the time. How about trying yoga or Pole Aerobics? Why the hell not? It never hurts to try these things once. (Well, falling off a pole could hurt, but it would funny!)

Really this all about trying something new, a new restaurant, a new store, any new experience really. 

Now something new for me:

I have decided that this time around I am going to take my own advice (which is something I rarely do in all honesty because though I am good at giving advice I am also very stubborn). For the next 6 weeks leading up to my 26th birthday, I will be going through these steps to really overhaul my day-to-day life. I will post mini entries, hits and misses, and pictures along the way mixed in with my usual nonsense. I hope you all enjoy! I am going to be trying tons of new things: you should to! I triple dog dare you!
A whole new me in 6 weeks … sure, this should be interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment