Thursday, October 4, 2012

Married Girl Woes

I love my husband. I really, truly do. He is awesome. He is like my morning cup of coffee … essential to my happiness. Now, this isn’t to say we don’t have our moments. Occasionally, I visualize hitting him in the face with a Nerf bat (do they still make those but I digress!). This often happens after I have tripped over his shoes in the middle of the kitchen floor. But, as a whole, life with him is pretty awesome. It’s like living in a really good Bryan Adams song.

There is one thing however that bums me out about living with a boy. I will never ever get to have a girly apartment. Yes, I had apartments in college. But I, by no means, had the money to decorate said apartments to the best of my ability. I moved in with my now-husband straight out of college. I am talking about a grown up, single lady apartment a la Sex and the City and Friends. I want to buy pink chevron stripe throw pillows and turquoise lamps. I want to have pretty flower arrangements in my living room and dining room. Every TV show has single women living in the nicest digs. Hello, B* in Apt 23, I’m looking at you!

I know, I know. This isn’t a big deal. But honestly every time I take a trip to Homegoods, I lust after all the pretty things. Damn you Homegoods, how dare you have home accessories I can’t buy on sale! Now if anyone thinks I’m living in some sort of tyrannical household where all our home accessories must be black or white and completely utilitarian, this isn’t the case. My husband rarely notices the stuff with which I decorate the house. I just can’t bring myself to decorate the master bedroom in hot pink. I would feel bad for the guy. I have managed to sneak in a few girly accessories here and there. I have a Cynthia Rowley quilt on the guest bed and a hot pink strainer in the kitchen.

Now to all my single ladies, you enjoy having your fancy pants apartment!

Watch out world ... just wait until I have a kid and I can finally go crazy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment